Thursday, March 13, 2014

Ten Months


Dear Cruz,

Today you’re ten months old!

You’ve started to eat baby food. You’ll now tolerate rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, pears, and raspberries. Until a couple weeks ago, you would either gag on or spit out anything we tried to give you that wasn’t milk. You’re growing up.

I always have music on, and you really enjoy it. You like the Nick Junior, Disney Junior, PBS Kids, and Veggie Tales soundtracks; you also enjoy Raffi and Jack Johnson. Your mommy is a music hoarder.

You’re 21lbs and very tall for your age. You’re already in size 18 month pants. The waist is too big, but you need the length for your long legs. You have very long arms as well.

Just this morning you pulled yourself up into the standing position for the first time. You weren’t sure what to do next, but you were very proud of yourself. You also like to climb into bookshelves.

You’re very social, and you can give high-fives now. You hate it when your sisters get sent to time out in their rooms. You cry and bang on their doors.

I had to leave you for the first time this month. I lost a family member who was very dear to me, and I went home to Oregon for four days. I think you and your sisters had a nice time with your daddy though. All three of you kept him very busy.

I started planning your first birthday party this week. In some ways this year has passed slowly, yet I can’t believe you’re almost one. I love you more than words can describe.

Love Always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment