Sunday, April 13, 2014

Eleven Months


Dear Cruz,

Today you’re eleven months old! I can’t believe you’ll soon be a toddler; you’ll always be my baby boy though.

You now have six teeth (four on top and two on the bottom); there are more coming through as well. You’ve started to show more of an interest in food as well. You try to take food from everyone, but you’re still not exactly sure what to do with it. You’re enjoying your mashed fruits and veggies though.

You haven’t added any new words to your vocabulary, but you still love to babble. You also like books, which will help you with your language development.

You love cars and trucks, especially your Tonka truck; you even give your vehicles kisses. You also love to get into all of your sisters’ things. They’re good at sharing on most days. Today  Calista gave you a spanking for crashing her tea party. Chloe has a much easier time being a mother figure for you, but she has her rough moments too. You’re going to grow up to be a very tough and patient man.

Lately I’ve started to wonder if you’re part vampire. You bite anything and everything. I know it is part of your teething process, but I’m also desperate for it to pass. Ouch.

You're all boy. You pull yourself up, climb, and knock things over without any fear of hurting yourself. I also feel you’re very close to walking on your own.

Usually you enjoy napping against my chest when we go to the park, but the other day you were ready to play, so I put you in a swing for the first time. You thought it was amazing. I look forward to the removal of your helmet, so we can spend more time outside. You always have a nice time outside, but we have to be careful so you don’t become overheated. We were hoping your helmet would be off at this point (we were told two to four months, and we’ve officially passed the four month mark), but we’re trying to stay positive. The frustrations and inconvenience will be worth it in the end.

I’ve started planning your first birthday party, and it’s been very fun for me. That being said, it’s hard for me to believe how fast you’ve grown. You’re such a handsome boy and have the sweetest temperament.

I love you more and more each day.

Love Always,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment