Tuesday, May 13, 2014

One Year

Dear Cruz,

Today you’re 1! I can’t believe how fast this year has passed. You’re the sweetest, most lovable boy. I can’t believe you’re officially a toddler.

You still aren’t walking, but you pull yourself up on everything. You love to get into anything and everything; you’re very curious.

We started giving you whole milk last week, but we’re now giving you whole milk and soy milk. The whole milk was too much for your young tummy to handle. You still have both trouble digesting and an overall lack of interest in eating. Mealtime can be troublesome, but hopefully this will pass. 

On the 10th, we had a birthday party for you at the park on our street. You slept through about half of the party, but I think you enjoyed your nap and seeing our friends. Your party had a construction theme, and the weather was perfect, minus a few intense gusts of wind.

I never had a preference for the sex of you or your sisters. That being said, when I found out you were a boy I had trouble envisioning what that looked like in my world. Now that you’re here, I could not imagine my world without you in it. You bring joy to everyone you meet, and you’re the perfect addition to our family. The upcoming year will be filled with adventures. We’re taking a road trip to Oregon this summer, and in October we’re leaving for our new home in Kentucky. During our free time, we’re going to try to have as much fun in the Southwest as possible. I know you won’t remember your time in Arizona, but I think you’ll enjoy the photos of our adventures when you’re older. I love you, my darling son. 

Love Always, Mommy 





No comments:

Post a Comment